Curious about the World’s Top Clothing Brands? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this article I’ll be giving you some interesting facts about them (you might not have known).
It’s a fact that there are some really recognisable clothing brands out there (thanks to word of mouth, testimonials and brilliant traditional and digital marketing). You’ve probably heard about at least one of them that will be mentioned in this article.
Guys, before I get on with it, I’ve been on the hunt for new men’s clothes that will see me through the summer months. I’ve visited a variety of men’s clothing stores but I find online shopping on Superbalist.com to be so much easier.
Here are 10 Interesting Facts About The World’s Top Clothing Brands
1. According to BrandFinance.com, Nike is the top clothing brand in the world. The company (which has been around since 1964) generate more than $34 billion in revenue in 2020.
2. Adidas was born out of sibling rivalry. After working together for years at the family company called Gebrüder Dassler, Adi Dassler and his older brother Rudolf began to bump heads. They split the company and its assets and, in the late 1940s, formed two separate companies: Adidas and Puma. The feud carried on for decades, up until a symbolic soccer game in 2009.
3. Levi Strauss & Co was founded in San Francisco, California in 1853. Levi’s were originally designed as work apparel for laborers. The oldest pair of Levi’s are in a fireproof vault in San Francisco. They date back to 1879 and is estimated to be worth $150,000.
4. The famous Lacoste crocodile symbol was created in 1933, and was the first designer logo ever.
5. Vans was founded as The Van Doren Rubber Company in 1966. The company merged with the VF Corporation in 2004.
6. Billabong was founded in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia in 1973. The name is derived from the Wiradjuri word “bilabaŋ”, which translates to ‘creek that runs only during the rainy season.’
7. Quiksilver was founded in 1969 in Torquay, Victoria, Australia. The company changed it’s name to Boardriders Inc. in 2017. The company owns Roxy and DC Shoes and acquired Billabong International in 2018.
8. The first pair of Dr. Martens boots was made from tyres. Doctor Klaus Märten broke his ankle skiing so he created a soft-leather padded sole from tyres as a more comfortable alternative to army boots. The company was founded in 1947 and is headquartered in London.
9. Diesel was founded in Molvena, Italy in 1978. When Diesel first sold jeans to retailers, they thought they were being sold 2nd hand jeans, and returned them immediately after.
10. Zara has been around since 1975. The company’s parent company (Inditex) is the world’s largest apparel retailer. The company’s founder, Amancio Ortega is the 4th richest man in the world. Zara‘s warehouse occupies 464515 square meters (9 times more than Amazon‘s warehouse).
Well, there you have, 10 Interesting Facts About The World’s Top Clothing Brands. I trust that you found this info interesting.
Guys: I’ve been on the hunt for new men’s clothes that will see me through the summer months. I’ve visited a variety of men’s clothing stores but I find online shopping on Superbalist.com to be so much easier.
Watch this space for updates in the Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Alternatively, feel free to check out our Featured Posts or scroll down to view posts related to this one.
If you live in South Africa and you're looking for a live music gig or music festival to attend, feel free to check The SA Gig Guide on our sister site (SA Music Zone).
You're also welcome to feed your brain some knowledge on our other sister site, (Interesting Facts).