Coca-Cola is the most popular softdrink in South Africa. It’s also one of the most popular soft drinks in the world. The Coca-Cola company turned 125 years old earlier this week. Coca-Cola was first invented by a pharmacist named John Pemberton (as a medicine to cure headaches) in 1886.
Here are 10 more interesting facts about Coca-Cola
1. Over 1 billion cans of Coke are consumed daily on Planet Earth.
2. It’s sold in more than 200 countries around the world.
3. Coke can be used to help cure jellyfish stings.
4. It can also be used as a cleaning solution, cleaning anything from rusty pans to dirty toilets. It can also be used to remove odor.
5. When it was first produced, it was first green.
6. Coca-Cola means “to make mouth happy” in Chinese.
7. If all the Coke bottles in the world were laid end to end they would reach the moon and back more than 1,677 times.
8. The bottling rights were sold for $1.00 in the 1890s. The original trademark has been used in the marketplace since 1886, was registered with the US Patent Office on the 31st of January 1893 and the trademark “Coke” was registered in 1945.
9. The soft drink and the Olympics began their association in Amsterdam (in the Netherlands) in the summer of 1928. That association has continued for all subsequent games.
10. There are nearly 10,450 soft drinks from the Coca-Cola Company (who now makes 500 brands of soft drinks) consumed every second of every day.
Hope you’ve found these facts interesting. For more facts, check out this post featuring more Coca-Cola facts on Tuks FM DJ’s Alex Caige’s blog.
What are your thoughts about this? Please comment on this post and let the readers of Running Wolf’s Rant know. Feedback is appreciated and welcome.
Watch this space for updates in the Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant.