In case you did not know, Forsaking Fate are a South African Brutal Thrashy Melodic Death Groove band. The band was co-founded by Grant Hensburg (Guitar & Vocals) and Rory Townes (Drums). Alec Larsen has subsequently joined full-time on bass. There’s probably a lot that you don’t know about Forsaking Fate, but today my aim is to change all that….
Here are 10 Interesting Facts You Might Not Know About Forsaking Fate
1. Forsaking Fate was originally a 4 piece band for a short period before solidifying as a 3 piece.
2. The band was formed in Johannesburg.
3. Forsaking Fate has not played a single show in East London as the 3 piece line up.
4. Alec is a contract game developer and has done work for Disney.
5. Most of the Forsaking Fate shows have been played in Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth to date.
6. The band were finalists in the South African 2019 Wacken Metal Battle, the first and only year they took part.
7. Grant and Rory are brothers-in-law.
8. The three ravens on the Forsaking Fate Debut EP artwork are representative of the 3 band members and were inspired by Grant’s keen interest in avian species.
9. Grant began his interest in music from being encouraged to play the piano early in life by his family. He reached grade 3 before finding interest in the guitar and heavier styles of music.
10. Alec has more music projects on the go than there are facts here.
11. Rory is infatuated by all things electrical and has made a career out of it.
Well, there you have it, some interesting facts about Forsaking Fate. I hope that you’ve learned something you did not know before. To get an idea of their sound, check out the lyric video for their track “The End of Existence” below:
Watch this space for updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.