The South African Music Awards Winners for 2017 were announced over the weekend during a two night ceremony at the Sun City Superbowl. I was invited, but unfortunately I could not make it.
I’m not in the mood for beating around the bush, so here’s the full list of #SAMA2017 winners:
- Best Newcomer of the Year – Amanda Black – Amazulu
- Best Duo-Group of the Year – Black Motion – Ya Badimo
- Best Female Artist of the Year – Amanda Black – Amazulu
- Best Male Artist of the Year – Kwesta – Dakar II
- Best Album of the Year – Kwesta – Dakar II
- Record of the Year – Nasty C – Hell Naw
- Best Maskandi Album – Khuzani – Inyoni yomthakathi
- Classical Instrumental Album – Charl du Pleassis Trio – Baroqueswing Vol.II
- Best Afro Pop Album – Vusi Nova – Vusi Nova
- African Indigenous Gospel Album – Living In Christ Legends – Living In Christ Legends
- Best Rock Album – Albert Frost – The Wakeup
- Best Pop Album – GoodLuck – The Nature Within
- Beste Kontemporere Musiek Album – Joshua na die Reën – Die Wêreld Binne My
- Best Rap Album – Kwesta – Darak II
- Best Kwaito Album – Dr Malinga – Goodwill
- Best Dance Album – Black Motion – Ya Badimo
- Best Traditional Faith Music Album – Sprit of Praise – Spirit of Praise Vol.6
- Samro Highest Airplay of the Year – Ngud – Kwesta
Congratulations to all the winners and a special congrats to Albert Frost, the winner of the Best Rock Album award. The Wake Up was definitely one of the best local rock albums of 2016.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant