In case you didn’t know, Jon Shaban is a Cape Town based singer songwriter. He released his second solo album in June 2018.
He embarked on an European tour in June and July 2018 with The Shabs. He played at festivals and venues and festivals in Germany, The Czech Republic, Austria and Switzerland.
Most of you already know this when it comes to Jon Shaban, but there are a few things you didn’t know about him
Here are 10 facts that you didn’t know about Jon Shaban
1. His initials are JPS (which is also a cigarette brand that started in 1877).
(I remember those things, those black boxes with gold lettering were ugly)
2. Jon Shaban was born on the same day that the Chernobyl disaster happened (in 1986).
(You’re still young, I was born in the same year that Elvis died and Star Wars premiered).
3. He’s never been in snow.
(Neither have I – I still have a desire to build a snowman though, it’s on my bucket list).
4. He used to do Karate at a national level.
(I also used to do Karate, but I’m no Bruce Lee, respect)
5. His first car was stolen.
(Sorry to hearJon, so was mine – 2 years ago – RIP White Camel).
6. He just recently bought a new mattress and it’s awesome.
(Word. Mattresses are awesome)
7. Jon Shaban collects Lego.
(That’s a cool but expensive hobby)
8. He played the violin for many years
(Can we expect a duet with Vanessa Maye anytime soon?)
9. Whales are his favourite animal.
(Can you teach me to talk to them? I only have Dory as a translator though…)
10. He’s pretty good at golf but only on the Playstation.
(I suck at golf – in the real world and on Playstation, respect)
I would like to thank Jon Shaban for these facts and I wish him all of the best with his musical endeavors.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category.